Monday, October 08, 2007

Because of you - Just a design...

Hi all from Di. In support of breast cancer awareness month I have a very simple project dedicated to the special women in my life, and to ME; because of them, I am who I am. This design is dedicated to Caz, Linda and Mags “Caroline (CAZ)” is my dearest darling daughter. She is my reason for being. She is beautiful. She is funny, creative, adorable, loving, gentle wise and kind. She is everything I could have hoped for. I am soooo proud of her. Linda is my sister. She is my wings and the wind beneath them. She is a jewel. She glows from an inner beauty. She brings laughter to my life. She inspires and encourages me to reach for the sky and soar. ‘Mags’ is my mother. She was spontaneous, impulsive, generous, loving, inspiring and creative. She has been my inspiration for almost 60 years. I love this photograph taken having tea at the Mount Nelson hotel in Cape Town. It was her best treat whenever she visited me. We had a glorious happy day together. She died of a cancerous brain tumour over 2 years ago and I miss her every day. The design uses cardstock and a little patterned paper. Photographs are inked with charcoal and matted onto plain black cardstock. Add a few embellishments and the title and you are done. So, go on find the special people that have made YOU what YOU are and celebrate their life!!!
Don't forget our scrap your boobs challenge and just a little encouragement from me:
Thanks for visiting us. And just a reminder that you can make a donation to breast cancer awareness on our Just Giving page. Your donations are so appreciated :D. Love always from Di XXX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea Di :) and a lovely LO!