Monday, October 29, 2007

Just old fashioned scrapping...

A BIG "Hi" to you all from Di (in Sunny Johannesburg, South Africa this weekend).
This morning we have a prize winner and its Heather from Scotland!!! Please contact us at acreativeworld@hotmail.co.uk provide us with your address and your prize will be on it's way to you!!!

Do I have to remind you that I am an 'old fashioned' scrapper? I used to make scrap books using post cards, menus and loads of stuff cut out from magazines. Well, guess what, I still like to do that!!!!

Recently I spent a week in a beautiful place called Hermanus watching the whales. I was there with my niece Joanne and her boyfriend Richard. Jo asked me to help her make a little momento of the holiday for Richard (who lives in Wales). Now Jo has never scrapped before so we reverted to the old fashioned style!

This is what we made for Richard:

And this is what we started with:
For the pages: cut 2 pieces of cardstock into 6 by 6inch squares.

For the back cover: cut a 6 by 6 inch square of cardboard.

Fot the front cover: cut a 6 by 6 inch square of corrugated cardboard and peeled away some of the brown paper to reveal the corrugated bit.

We used brown ink for the cardboard and green pages and black ink for the red pages. This is what we collected to fill the album:

We collected brochures, menus, bills, and of course photographs!! We cut WORDS from old magazines.

The Front cover

The back cover:

Some of the pages:

We had lots of fun and it did not take long! I have decided that I am going to make an old fashioned scrapbook of IDEAS, using stuff torn from magazines! I think it will be great fun, simple and therapeutic .
Oh and just a reminder that you still have time to scrap your boobs!

And another reminder to keep those donations pouring in. You have been so generous and every single pound helps.

Thanks for visiting us at IACW with love from Di XXX

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful album Di and a fabulous keepsake TFS x

Cleo said...

dcudwhat a stunning album ... beautiful work