Friday, November 02, 2007

Matching Home Decor Accessories

Well, I don’t know about you, but I find it hard to buy accessories for my home in the right colour scheme, with matching items for a reasonable price, today I have made a couple of small items using 2 sheets of patterned paper, 1 sheet of cardstock, ribbons, lace and small embellishments that we all have lying around in our stash.

First, the box, it is an MDF given to me by a friend, I sanded it all to give a key, and then painted it with a deep red acrylic paint, it needed two coats to cover it nicely. I cut and inked patterned paper to cover the top and all four sides and used permanent spray adhesive to stick it to the box. I then used lace and ribbon, a button and a couple of metal embellishments and fiddled until I was happy with the result. I used a gold marker to go round all the edges of the box to give it a bit of a lift. The candles were taken from a class in a cyber crop a couple of years ago by Debbie I used the same patterned paper and card to match to wrap the candles, and used brads to secure the paper and card at the back. I used the same ribbon and lace to tie round the centre to finish them off. These all sit in my living room and do get commented on by friends and family. I hope you have enjoyed today’s post and will get some inspiration from it. Trish xxx

And we almost forgot the winner from our last October lucky dipper is Sharon Peters. Please send your address to us at acreativeworld@hotmail.co.uk and we will get your prize to you!

And sorry about confusion yesterday I did not realise that we had THREE Janes who contributed layouts so the winner of Andrea's beautiful pink collection for the scrap your boobs layout is JANE with her LO titled "Big, Small, Men an' all"!!!!

No comments: