Friday, November 09, 2007

Easy Art Journal Pages and Inspiration

Easy Art Journal Pages
When I need some inspiration, or if I'm struggling with something, or if I want to try out a new technique, I start a page for my art journal.
1. Shiva Paint Sticks
This is a page using Shiva paint sticks - a little project that takes about 20 minutes.
There are 2 pics of the final product, one using a scanner and one using a camera, at the start and end of this post. This shows the variation as embossed images can be tricky to photograph due to light reflecting.) Step 1: Grab some paper and shiva paint sticks. You have to peel the skin off the paint sticks to start the paint flowing. I used red and purple for my background.

Step 2: Build up layers of colour. I added blue, pink, peach, and green.

Step 3: Use a baby wipe to blend and remove colours. Add additional colours as you feel they fit.
Step 4: Pick a stamp. I used a magenta one below. Stamp in archival ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.

Step 5: Build up colours....... Just go in any direction you want.

Creating art journal pages lets you have free expression - something to create without a set of precise instructions and something based on how you feel at that moment....... a good time to try out new and crazy things, too.
2. Angel Page
I made this page, again, when I was thinking over things... Art journals are good for working through feelings and situations.
I painted the background black, and then I blended in water soluble oil paints to colour the background. I left them to dry overnight.
I then stamped the angel wings (Stampers Anonymous) and the letters (Making Memories) white white brilliance ink. I blasted it with the heat gun to set it. Inspiration for Art Jouralling Here are some links for some great inspriration for your art journals.
Raising the Surface

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b/026-1458728-2363625?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=maggie+grey

Techniques and Blog Eye Candy - More Inspiration

http://tryittuesdays.wordpress.com/

Claudine Hellmuth Cloth Paper Scissors

Quilting Arts Art by Laurence Menhinick - felt bags, felt beads, textile manipulation, mixed media( Laurence Moni)

Assemblog of Michael deMeng michelle ward

be crafty be happy Etsy Labs magstitch Purple Missus Tejae's Art http://20six.fr/anne/cat/211512/0/Mixed_Media The Artful Mama Stamping-Art

[i] LoveLife Nina Bagley

Aisling

Keeping an Art Journal

If you are interesting in starting an Art Journal or just looking for a project for 2008, be sure to pop back tomorrow. We have something planned that is so exciting!!!!!

Joy!!

HELP!!!

We are desperately trying to locate "Heather from Scotland" and "Sharon Peters" who both won prizes during our October Boobs campaign. Please send your addies to acreativeworld@hotmail.co.uk and we will send your prizes to you. If anyone knows these girls we would appreciate your help in contacting them

And just a reminder that our Just Giving Page is still open!!! Thanks for your generousity!!!

No comments: