Thursday, September 13, 2007

Teenage Boy Card

I'm a girl - I like making girly cards - flowers are my speciality :) I do tend to struggle when making male cards and especially teenage boy cards. I always seem to stay safe and use large letters to spell out their names or numbers in 'boy' colours to identify their age.
So today I challenged myself to come out of my safety zone - to make a card for a teenager using no ages and names.
I did intend to do step by step photographs but the best laid plans and all that - the camera battery went flat as soon as I took the first photograph.
I used patterned papers from The Shabby Princess and Pink Petticoat, Making Memories chipboard buttons (if you haven't tried these you should really get some as they are lovely), alphabet stamps, black chalk ink and staz-on ink and a black pen. Cut a square of striped paper, rectangle of spotted paper and the large circle was made by drawing around a jar lid and the bottom of a glass. Doodle and ink around all of the edges and glue onto a card blank. Cut a star from patterned paper, tie embroidery thread around the chipboard button and glue in place. Use the alphabet stamps to make letter tiles to spell out Happy Birthday and add a thin strip of black and white doodle striped paper.
Hey Presto - a card for a teenage boy that doesn't have
golf clubs, a 1970s footballer or a sailing boat on it!
Happy Cardmaking, love from Andrea xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is lovely