Thursday, September 20, 2007

Quick and Easy Card

Hello Everybody! Joanne here! This is my first post and I'm a bit nervous! From now on I'll be sharing the Thursday card slot with Andrea and today it's my turn. Here's the card I've got for you, super quick and easy and even better - it only takes one sheet of patterned paper!

The secret to one sheet of paper is to use the wonderful Scenic Route Scrap Strips. The one I have used for this card is Sumner Scrap Strip 1. So, here goes:

Here are all the elements you need. One sheet of cardstock to make your card (or you could use a blank ready made card), one sheet of Scrap Strips, a few American Crafts felt flowers, small chipboard frame or similar and two buttons.
Step 1
Cut your cardstock to 15cm x 22 cm and fold in half for a landscape card. Cut two strips of the patterned paper 5 1/2cm x 15cm and cut a smaller strip to go across the middle. Ink the edge of the smaller, middle strip for a little definition. Arrange on your card like so:

Step 2

Arrange flowers and stitch together with a button. Stamp a sentiment onto a scrap of the cream cardstock and attach to chipboad frame as shown. Ink the edges for a little definition:

Step 3

Arrange the flowers and sentiment on the card and stick down. There you have it! Super quick and easy card!

I hope you liked this card and have fun making it.

See you soon! Joanne x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

katie squirrel says:

Gorgeous card Joanne!! Thanks for the ideas... will have a go when get my room sorted out!

Yizz said...

Lovely! I have some Crate paper strips I have been wondering what to do with.

joanna said...

Fab card, Joanne - great first post! xxx

Angela said...

aww this is lovely! I've never seen those pattern strips papers... such a great idea!

Caz said...

Oh what a great idea to use the scenic route paper for cards, I never know what to do with them!!

Anonymous said...

it is beautiful, joanne xxxxxxxx