Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Slow cooking with Maria

Hi, it's Maria here once again. Thank you so much to Di for yesterdays post I certainly learnt something new there.
As the nights are starting to draw in and there is a nip in the air I start to look forward to some comfort food. But, I don't always have the time or the inclination to be slaving over a hot stove and on days like that my slow cooker comes to the rescue. I love my slow cooker and it has paid for itself many times over so I thought that I would share a few of my favourite recipes with you.
Today I have two variations of my girlie wirlies favourite, cowboy stew. They love this and even asked for it during the summer. Mind you there were days when you needed to eat some stodge to warm you up.
Ingredients
Beef stew meat
Potatoes cut into cubes - I prefer to leave the skin on
Half a chopped onion
1 can of BBQ baked beans
1 can of baked beans
A big ole splosh of Worcestershire sauce
Method
Bung it all in the slow cooker, stir and leave for about four hours or until beef is tender. My cooker doesn't have a high or low setting so you will need to check your own cooker for timings.
I also have a skint student or store cupboard standby version for you.
Ingredients
Tinned stewing steak Tinned new potatoes Half a chopped onion 1 can of BBQ baked beans 1 can of baked beans
A big ole splosh of Worcestershire sauce Method Bung it all in the slow cooker, stir and leave for about two hours.
These recipes easily transfer to a crock pot in the normal oven and can be stretched a bit further with some crusty bread.
I have a fair few slow cooker recipes so let me know if you fancy anymore.
Toodle pip

No comments: